Monday, April 09, 2007

Lab 7 was cool. I thoroughly enjoyed making it. I like the way it turned out.

There were some problems which I think I overcame-if the purpose of the map is to learn Flash processes while making a nice map.

The scale of the base map did not match the resource map and that made placement of everything difficult. I think terrain features would have helped this problem. The base map did not have any terrain features and since the boundary lines of countries have changed since the source map was drawn it was extremely difficult to orient anything on the map. The source map also obscured the land boundaries underneath.

I liked the complexity of the map and I learned a bunch of useful routines that will help in my final project. I learned how to stop the movie right where it is, but I don't know yet how to restart from that position or to go backwards from that position. So this map is a little awkward in that way.

For all the complaining I think this map or one similar should remain a lab--it was interesting and real in a way that lots of presidential maps are not.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?