Monday, March 19, 2007

I have had a blast with Flash and am looking forward to making more maps with it. Flash is not as powerful a graphics tool as Illustrator, but it is so cool to make the interactive part. The temporal movement is very powerful for detecting patterns in the data. I think it would have been useful to make each of the states a symbol so that a mouse over would display further info like the electoral vote count for the state. It would also be interesting to see the popular vote count per state. I had planned to do that but ran out of time what with studying for the midterm I have this week. Lab 5 is the link to my map.

I did have a bit of trouble when I tried to make the buttons with text in the middle. The text overlaid in the button blocked the actions assigned to the button. I tried making the text really tiny, the result was an illegible white dot in the middle of the button and the action was still not uniform and smooth. I finally gave up and made plain buttons with no text, but they do work!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?